Trevor Eisenman, PC fights every day to help parents protect the rights of students with special needs.
New York State and Federal laws provide protections for students with disabilities. School districts may not discriminate against students with disabilities and must provide accommodations that meet the student’s needs as adequately as their nondisabled peers. School districts are required to identify and evaluate students with disabilities. They are required to provide appropriate schools, classes, instruction, and related services to meet the needs of disabled students.
Using IEPs and 504 Plans, school districts can meet a student’s needs in countless ways. Trevor Eisenman, PC offers comprehensive services to help parents navigate these systems, including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing medical and education records to provide parents with an analysis of their child’s education placement, eligibility for services, and recommendations for strategy to achieve needed supports.
- Advocating for your child at an IEP or Section 504 meeting.
- Obtaining classification of your child as a student with a disability.
- Securing an appropriate educational placement or setting, in an appropriate class or school in or out of the district.
- Obtaining appropriate related services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, counseling, hearing services, braille instruction.